February Farm Safety – Child safety
As part of UKRS recently joining the Farm Safety Partnership, we're more committed than ever to promoting safer working practices within farming and rural communities. Each month we'll be focussing on different aspects of farm safety, and this month we're focussing on 'Safety Messages for Children'. Here's the Farm Safety Partnership's guidance...
Safety Messages for Children
1. Children should not be allowed in the farm work place (and for young children they should enjoy outdoor space in a secure fenced area).
2. Any access to the work area by children under 16, for example for education, or knowledge experience, should be planned and fully supervised by an adult not engaged in any work activity.
3. Children under the age of 13 years are specifically prohibited from driving or riding on any agricultural machine.
About our Farm Safety Partnership membership
UKRS are delighted to communicate its membership to the Farm Safety Partnership (FSP). The Farm SafetyW Partnership represents a broad spectrum of agricultural interests, including the large farming membership organisations; auctioneers; training providers; farming press; and machinery dealers.
As a member we have committed to raising safety awareness in the industry and to support the aims of the partnership:
- To provide leadership to improve the safety of farms and allied industries.
- To reduce the numbers of deaths and major injuries to farmers, workers and anyone else coming into contact with farming activities.
We will be communicating the latest partnership safety messages through numerous communications channels over the coming months.